Want to Become a Board Member?
Following the sustained growth of Advantage Care Health Centers over the years, we are looking to expand our Board. Serving on a nonprofit Board can be a truly rewarding experience if you can engage and make a difference. Your support can help more Long Island children and adults get on a path to achieve and maintain wellness. Find out more and apply to become a board member today!
We are seeking caring, diverse, energetic, skilled individuals who are passionate about our mission: To provide the highest quality comprehensive primary, dental, mental and behavioral health care services.
Our expectations are simple. Board members must:
- Attend monthly meeting (in person or through electronic audio or visual means)
- Become a “patient” of the Center by using at least one service every 2 years
- Board must be diverse (race, ethnicity, gender, etc.)
- Board must represent community served; live or work in service area* or have other connection
- Skills needed: legal, financial, marketing, medical, labor, business, social service, fundraising
- Cannot be employee of center nor immediate family member of an employee
- Bring resources to the organization to advance its mission, goals-financial and other
- Help organization establish community relationships to further its mission, goals, financial needs
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to showcase their talents in a supportive environment:
- Approve annual grant applications and/or other requests to US Health Resources & Services Administration
- Approve annual health center budgets
- Hire audit firm, review, approve annual audit
- Establish health care and general operating policies relating to Center
- Work with other board members to annually assess performance of CEO
- Responsible for long term strategic planning; measure/evaluate progress in meeting goals
- Evaluate health center activities
- Avoid conflicts of interest; at minimum disclose potential conflicts
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you?
Want to become an Advantage Care Health Centers Board Member? Please fill out the form below.
Questions? Contact Miguel Rivera, Community Outreach Coordinator: 516-686-4400 Ext.2470.