Mental & Behavioral Health Services
A mental health illness can make it hard to feel good and achieve your goals. Advantage Care’s mental/behavioral health care team is here to help you and your family.
Our team consists of psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurse practitioners and licensed clinical social workers. We aim to restore hope, while we guide our patients toward their behavioral health goals.
What Can I Expect?
When you first visit our center, a clinician will meet with you for an initial evaluation. We will work closely with you and develop proper treatment recommendations to promote your mental/behavioral health and well-being.
Services are available in English and Spanish for both children and adult patients.
Advantage Care’s team of psychiatrists have the training and experience necessary to deliver high quality mental and behavioral health services to all patients including those with special needs.
- Comprehensive psychiatric evaluations of current behaviors or mental health concerns
- Diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric illness
- Identification of psychiatric disorders, evaluation of psychiatric disorders and pharmacologic medication management
- Monitor efficacy of medication, dosage, toxicity and adverse reactions
- Monitor autonomic involuntary movement disorders (AIMS testing)
- Monitor extra-pyramidal symptoms (EPS testing)
- Educate patients, families and caregivers about the risks and benefits of medication
- Consultations and ongoing psycho-pharmacological visits are available.
Our psychologists provide personalized care through a variety of psychological and psycho-social treatment services that include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) – individual and group sessions
- Social skills interventions – individual and group sessions
- Parent training
- Family therapy
- Parent and sibling support groups
- Family support and education
Fay J. Lindner Center
The Fay J. Lindner Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities at Advantage Care offers comprehensive outpatient clinical services and evaluations to all members of the community including those with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs), intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).