National Coming Out Day Friday, October 11, 2019October 10, 2019
Happy Halloween @ Advantage Care 2019November 13, 2019
With winter on the way, it’s time to prepare for flu season again. Every year, millions of people catch the flu, hundreds of thousands are hospitalized because of it and tens of thousands die as a result of it.
To help you avoid coming down with this common illness, there’s a few things you should know.
5 Fast Facts about the Flu
- The flu is a contagious respiratory illness, which most frequently spreads during the winter and early spring.
- People who have the flu often feel symptoms, like fever, cough, sore throat and fatigue.
- A yearly flu vaccine is the first and most important step in protecting against flu viruses.
- Most people six months or older should receive the flu vaccine every year.
- Pregnant women, children younger than two and senior citizens are particularly at risk of catching this illness.
To learn more facts about the flu, read our blog post “Should I get a Flu Shot before Cold Season?”
The Flu Shot Helps you Stay Well
Advantage Care Health Centers urges everyone to take steps to help reduce the risk of getting sick. As part of our preventive health care services, we are now providing flu shots to patients.
If you would like to see one of our physicians, request an appointment today.